Co-op: Get up to £3,000 match funding for the warm spaces in your community this winter.
Co-op and Crowdfunder have teamed up to help community organisations navigate the cost of living crisis to provide vital services this winter.
Are you welcoming people into a warm space in your community, or wanting to extend existing activities or services to support more people?
Eligible community groups could get up to £3,000 to continue or extend vital services.
This £1m match fund has been launched by Co-op to support local organisations who are supporting their communities through rising costs this winter, by bringing people together into warm spaces.
To be eligible for match funding your organisation must:
- Be based and have a bank account based in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Be a not-for-profit constituted organisation, including community groups, schools, registered charities and social enterprises
- Have a bank account in the name of the organisation
- Run a crowdfunding campaign this winter, delivered by 31st March, 2023
- Be raising funds for revenue costs only (capital costs such as building refurbishment are not eligible)
Your project must be a community organisation that welcomes people into a community space in your local area to provide support and needs urgent help this winter to:
- Maintain vital existing services in the face of rising energy costs
- Make the community space that you operate from more welcoming
- Increase opening times or extend services
Typical projects may include (but are not limited to):
- A community cafe that needs funding to continue offering their building as a warm space.
- A local village support group wanting to extend existing activities to support more people in their community.
- A community fridge, wanting to promote their services more widely to meet increasing need.
- A youth group whose energy costs have increased.
Match Funding criteria:
To receive match funding, the following conditions must all be met:
- For every donation made towards your project we’ll match it up to £250, so if your project receives a donation of £20 we’ll add another £20, If your project receives a donation of £600 then you’ll receive an additional £250.
- Only one donation per supporter will be matched (we will not provide match funding where a supporter is deemed to have made multiple donations).
- You can receive a maximum of £3,000 of match funding per organisation.
This fund will be distributed on a first come first serve basis and applications will close on 28th February 2023.
Please read the full funding boost criteria before applying
Projects will be required to agree to the Terms and Conditions