VAST   |   Tel: 01782 683030   |   Email: [email protected]

Support for Ukraine

Stoke-on-Trent has a long history of supporting those in need and welcoming people from troubled nations into our communities

How you can help…

People from across the city want to do whatever they can to help and the safest and easiest way is to donate.

The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) is made up of a number of charities who will be able to help refugees with:

  • Food
  • Water
  • Shelter
  • Healthcare to refugees and displaced families

Click here to donate to the DEC Ukraine Appeal

Already sponsored a family…

If you have already agreed to sponsor a Ukrainian family, please contact [email protected] as we need some information from you. When contacting us, please include the following information:

  • Name
  • Contact details
  • The names / DOBs of guests
  • Anticipated arrival date

Government support for Ukraine

The UK and our international partners are united in support of Ukraine. The UK government is providing a range of economic, humanitarian, and defensive military assistance to Ukraine, and is imposing additional sanctions on Russia and Belarus.

Read more about the government response here

Homes for Ukraine scheme

The government have launched phase one of the Homes for Ukraine scheme. Individuals, charities, community groups and businesses can offer accommodation and become a sponsor for refugees who wish to come to the UK.

Sponsors can offer their homes for as long as they like but there is a minimum ask of six months. For anyone arriving in the UK, they will be subject to security checks. This also applies to sponsors and any adults in the household.

Click here to find out more about the Homes for Ukraine scheme

Homes for Ukraine: Frequently asked questions

Useful links:

Latest information 

You can find the latest updates and information on the Stoke-on-Trent City Councils dedicated web page

To find local community services visit the Stoke-on-Trent community directory. 

You can also seek support from local organisations:


Address: 18 Raymond Street, Hanley, England ST1 4DN
Phone: 01782 363122

Burslem Jubilee

Phone: 07817 599328

Citizens advice Staffordshire North & Stoke-on-Trent

Phone: 0808 278 78 76

If you’re a local organisation supporting families from Ukraine get in touch with [email protected]